    SubjectRe: NEWSFLASH! Linux ported to Commodore VIC-20!! (H. Peter Anvin) writes:
    > In all seriousness, with the processing speed of modern CPUs it
    > probably would be a no-brainer to support data storage to tape.

    Reminds me that a couple of months ago I wrote two Linux programs to
    connect an Apple II clone called MPF-II through its tape interface to
    the PC sound card.

    The same programs should work for this. Just connect a tape player
    instead of the MPF-II.

    The system has staggering file size of less than 64K and as staggering
    speed. Plus you get great backwards compatibility!

    Marko Kohtala -,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.017 / U:0.116 seconds]