SubjectRe: NEWSFLASH! Linux ported to Commodore VIC-20!! (H. Peter Anvin) writes:
> In all seriousness, with the processing speed of modern CPUs it
> probably would be a no-brainer to support data storage to tape.

Reminds me that a couple of months ago I wrote two Linux programs to
connect an Apple II clone called MPF-II through its tape interface to
the PC sound card.

The same programs should work for this. Just connect a tape player
instead of the MPF-II.

The system has staggering file size of less than 64K and as staggering
speed. Plus you get great backwards compatibility!

Marko Kohtala -,