    SubjectRe: NEWSFLASH! Linux ported to Commodore VIC-20!!
    On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Neil Conway wrote:

    > Maybe this isn't such a crap idea after all ;-)) (I still haven't
    > bought a backup device for my new PC).

    It's actually going to be bloody simple. All we need is a soundcard and a
    microphone input. Hook it up to a tape player and have the soundcard
    sample the input and convert into binary data, or have the soundcard
    convert binary into encoded sound streams onto the tape.

    I believe a sampling rate of 64k/s is probably sufficient. Hell, if you're
    good at making noises I believe *YOU* can write binary data just by
    whistling down the microphone..... just like the experiments I used to do
    with my BBC B and its tape player by messing with the microphone line..

    bye bye Pentium...

    /\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
    ( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
    > ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

    Check out

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.021 / U:0.044 seconds]