SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: LVM / Filesystems / High availability
Hi,

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:04:13 -0700, Hans Reiser <reiser@ricochet.net>
said:

> You have to be block level if you want to shrink it, yes?

If and only if there is overwhelming demand for shrinking individual
partitions. If we accept the alternative view where we compose
filesystems out of multiple partitions, then we achieve the same effect
by adding or removing entire partitions dynamically. I'm keen to hear
opinion on this; the ability to relatively resize individual partitions
on a single disk is right now the only significant argument which really
requires LVM support rather than being capable of implementation within
the filesytem.

--Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.219 / U:0.284 seconds]