    Subjectlinux 2.1.98 sound timeouts
    I'm sure this bug has already been posted, but if not here it is
    anyways.

    I'm running a linux 2.1.98 system with an old soundblaster 16 card and I
    seem to be suffering dsp problems. The card will work fine when the
    kernel is initially booted but as soon as the first sound event stops
    the soundcard ceases to function properly playing only intermittent
    sounds about once a second.

    "Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?"

    I am *sure* the IRQ is set correctly and it does work in every kernel
    version < 2.1.88 or so.
    I suspect there is an error closing the device after inital play, yet I
    don't know enough about sound drivers to fix it.

    Could someone else please confirm that this is a kernel error, and if so
    suggest some fixes?
    I'm willing to test any patches.

    Mike Baker

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.020 / U:29.680 seconds]