Subject.127/.128 weirdness

Intel P166 CPU
48MB RAM
IDE Disks
UP kernel (SMP=1 commented out in Makefile)

After some random period of time (between 10 minutes and 24 hours) the
system becomes extremely slow to execute commands. 2.1.125 worked well for
several days without problems, I never ran .126. Response at the console
is snappy while typing and the system responds to pings. Programs loaded
and running appear to respond well, loading new programs takes forever. I
usually hit reset after about 30 minutes waiting for a shutdown to
complete. Simple commands such as uptime and free can take up to 10
minutes to provide output.

I am currently running pre-2.1.129-1 for about 30 minutes without
problems. If anyone desires any additional information or wants to work on
testing it, I have some time to spend on it today.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.056 / U:0.436 seconds]