    Subject2.1.79 + latest smbfs patch
    Its still a no go on my system I'm afraid.  I am scratching my head at the
    moment as to why some people report success and others don't. I run
    RedHat 5 here, which means glibc2, maybe that causes a problem with the
    mount tools.. Well I know it does, because I had to fiddle with the
    includes to get it to compile. Changed a few things like, where files
    caused problems I'd delete the include reference.. and then define what
    was missing manually.

    Anyway, after all that.. I get a lot of messages like the following and it
    still doesn't work.. OSR2 box with winsock2 + exploit updates. (works
    fine with smbclient)

    smb_proc_readdir_long: name=\*, entries=0, rcls=2, err=1
    smb_refill_dircache: readdir failed, result=-23
    smb_lookup: find //VBEAF.DRV failed, error=-23

    They're the three different types of errors I get on the console.

    Now, i've tried "mount mntpoint -f 3755" and it doesn't seem to make any
    difference.. but I accidentally tried -t 3755 and smbmnt failed with
    "invalid option" so the options are at least getting as far as smbmnt.
    Whether they in fact make it to the smbfs module I can't be sure.

    Anyone else report success with glibc2/RedHat 5 and 2.1.x smbfs?? Maybe a
    RedHat developer might give it a go? :)

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.023 / U:4.168 seconds]