SubjectRe: 2.1.79 + latest smbfs patch
David Burrows wrote:

> Its still a no go on my system I'm afraid. I am scratching my head at the
> moment as to why some people report success and others don't. I run
> RedHat 5 here, which means glibc2, maybe that causes a problem with the
> mount tools.. Well I know it does, because I had to fiddle with the
> includes to get it to compile. Changed a few things like, where files
> caused problems I'd delete the include reference.. and then define what
> was missing manually.

It's possible that there's a glibc problem, but your mount tools must be
mostly working if you get smbfs mounted at all.

> Anyway, after all that.. I get a lot of messages like the following and it
> still doesn't work.. OSR2 box with winsock2 + exploit updates. (works
> fine with smbclient)
>
> smb_proc_readdir_long: name=\*, entries=0, rcls=2, err=1
> smb_refill_dircache: readdir failed, result=-23
> smb_lookup: find //VBEAF.DRV failed, error=-23
>
> They're the three different types of errors I get on the console.
>
> Now, i've tried "mount mntpoint -f 3755" and it doesn't seem to make any
> difference.. but I accidentally tried -t 3755 and smbmnt failed with
> "invalid option" so the options are at least getting as far as smbmnt.
> Whether they in fact make it to the smbfs module I can't be sure.

The only sure test of whether the flags are set properly is the mount
time messages from smbfs itself. The message text is in fs/smbfs/inode.c
smb_read_super(). If you mount with the -f 3xxx flags, you should get
both messages.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.057 / U:0.872 seconds]