SubjectRe: Solaris source (fwd)

> Then what possible other aim could they possibly have, especially
> since they mention Linux specifically as one of the incentives behind
> their "free Solaris source" marketing announcement?
>
> I don't know, if they have other real incentives behind this act, so
> be it. But people are certainly going to view it as being a "Sun
> vs. Linux" thing no matter what the truth actually is.

I would like to think that some people at Sun read Larry McVoy's
paper. This plus the fact that Larry's predictions on the success of
a free operating system were all becoming true may have opened their
eyes.

I like Larry's comment: "Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT".

Cheers,
Miguel.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.097 / U:0.508 seconds]