    SubjectRe: Solaris source (fwd)

    The REAL reason is to help out Linux, IMHO.

    > I don't think (despite what that dude from SGI said) that Sun is
    > competing with Linux, nor do I beleive that it is their aim. Being a Sun
    > employee myself (and no I don't speak for them) I can tell you this for
    > certain.

    Of course. Sun knows that it's money customers aren't interested in
    Linux when they can have a well supported OS.

    > > Basically, Sun is NO better than M$, it just happens to be smaller and
    > > thus seen as the underdog.
    > When's the last time you saw Sun bully smaller companies into selling out?
    > Gimme a break.

    SUN rocks. Solaris is the single best UNIX available right now.
    Everyone knows that. I think their goal is to allow the linux kernel
    hackers to check out their source. They know Linux is the biggest threat
    to MS. The more popular Linux/UNIX gets, the better off they are.

    C.J. Beyer
    Graduate Student Nuclear Physics/ System Admin/ Software Developer

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.021 / U:1.692 seconds]