SubjectRe: URGENT: A Plea to the owners of
Dave Wreski wrote:

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> I've noticed that when the mailing list got gatewayed to USENET,
> average quality of the postings went *way* down. At least (as far
as I
> know), most of the people who actually write code are still
listening on
> this list, even if they don't post as much these days.
We can't necessarily prevent people from usenet from posting lame
questions, but we could at least consider having an 'info' field on

majordomo@vger. I remember subscribing, and seeing 'No info for

How hard is this to implement? A simple message describing the
content would seem to be a prudent first step.

IMHO, the info field should also include the names of other semi-related
lists for specific topics so that people don't end up asking SMP
questions on the wrong list etc....