    SubjectRe: URGENT: A Plea to the owners of linux.dev.kernel

    On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
    > I've noticed that when the mailing list got gatewayed to USENET, the
    > average quality of the postings went *way* down. At least (as far as I
    > know), most of the people who actually write code are still listening on
    > this list, even if they don't post as much these days.

    We can't necessarily prevent people from usenet from posting lame
    questions, but we could at least consider having an 'info' field on
    majordomo@vger. I remember subscribing, and seeing 'No info for
    linux-kernel'.

    How hard is this to implement? A simple message describing the acceptable
    content would seem to be a prudent first step.

    Dave

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.023 / U:0.124 seconds]