SubjectRe: modutils, the next generation
Date
> Yes, but wouldn't it be nice to see whether an object file actually is a
> kernel module before you try to insmod it?

Out of curiosity, do you just have random modules floating around your
filesystem? All of mine reside under /lib/modules.

Not that I have an unnatural objection to a semi-unique extension for
modules, but I have yet to hear a convincing good reason to change.

Would you be satisfied with a program that would poke into the module
and tell you things about it? On the queue is a little program that
would display all the author, device, parameter, etc information stored
in the module in some intelligable form. Such a program would also be
able to tell you that a particular object file is not a module.

r~

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.101 / U:0.056 seconds]