    SubjectRe: .94 Floppies and Ethernet
    >>  vorlon kernel: eth0: Bus master arbitration failure, status 88f2.

    Interesting -- I am getting this *exact* error (a few hundred times a
    day) on a 1.3.79 kernel. It was suggested (on one of the debian
    lists) that the problem was the video card I'm using (Diamond
    Stealth2000 DRAM, I think) which is said to "not play well with
    others". I'm also using an Adaptec pci scsi card and a AT-something
    PCI ethercard (when I'm back at the office, I'll check the manuals and
    tell you more precisely.)

    The motherboard is a very recent generic pentium motherboard, with a
    P166 and 64M of RAM. Kernel identifies a Triton chipset, AHA-2940, and
    an unknown Lance PCI network device.

    If anyone's got tests they can recommend, or more info on the problem
    (we'll probably get a couple more systems like this but would prefer
    to eliminate the problem first, and the best suggestion we have so far
    is to randomly use some other video card...) I'd appreciate it.

    _Mark_ <>
    Cygnus Support, Eastern USA

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.016 / U:31.844 seconds]