SubjectIP forwarding broken in 2.1.16 ?
Date

I have a machine at work doing IP forwarding for a ppp dial-up connection.
It provides Internet access for me from home, through the company token-
ring network.

Tonight, I had accidentally left 2.1.16 running on it - and it seems that
forwarding does not work (I checked compile-options - forwarding is enabled).

I can start a ppp connection to the machine; the machine can talk to both
the "big" network and the ppp network, but no forwarding. tcpdump shows
that the packets do arrive on the forwarding machine (tcpdump doesn't
work on token-ring, unfortunately).

Rebooting 2.0.27 (identical setup) and IP forwarding works. I suspect it
is related to the new routing code, but if any more information is needed,
feel free to ask. The problem is definitely reproducible.

--
Henrik Storner <storner@osiris.ping.dk> http://eolicom.olicom.dk/~storner/
"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.044 / U:0.680 seconds]