    SubjectRe: TTY speedup patch/Menuconfig speed??
       Date: 	Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:38:31 -0500 (EST)
    From: "William E. Roadcap" <roadcapw@cfw.com>

    Linus, did any version of the tty speedup code that was floating around a
    month or two ago get into the kernel? I applied one of those patches, the
    first one out I think, and it made a significant improvement. But will
    any of those patches also improve speed over a serial link?

    I sent console speedup patches to Linus, and Linus included it into the
    2.1 tree, starting at 2.1.5, if I remember correctly.

    Now, if only PCMCIA worked on the 2.1 tree, so I could use it all the
    time on my laptop.... (I have the unofficial patches which Shawn Jury
    did, plus a few more that I added to make it compile cleanly under
    2.1.6, but while the modules load, they don't actually detect any PCMCIA
    cards. :-< ).

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.016 / U:93.972 seconds]