SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Greybus driver subsystem for 4.9-rc1
On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:09:49PM +0200, Greg KH wrote:

> I'll send out a follow-up set of "simple" patches that just add the
> files to the kernel tree, to give people an idea of the code involved.
> Overall, it's a tiny stand-alone driver subsystem, only 37k lines, that
> implements a protocol which allows for "generic" cameras, audio devices,
> and other class type devices, as well as a bridged "physical" layer
> protocol to talk to serial, spi, uart, pwm, gpio, i2c, and even USB host

Just emphasizing what Mark Rutland said complete NACK, in particular the
drivers for functions have not been posted upstream at all (and it's
concerning that they're all being added under drivers/greybus rather
than within the relevant subsystem like we do normally). I've not
looked at the code as it has not been submitted but given that and that
the reason I found this pull request was an ASoC contributor who had
seen it and looked at the code going "oh dear, greybus..." on IRC I'm
very concerned.

Sending a pull request for code that's never been seen upstream seems
completely premature.

  Last update: 2016-09-17 09:59    [W:0.246 / U:0.848 seconds]