SubjectRe: Code flow from device connection to device node in /dev creation
From
Hi Anil,

If I open a device file (say a printer device) who determines the
correct driver and sends the call? How subsequent calls get processed
etc. Yes I know the init function will be called while the driver is
loaded (while running insmod driver.ko). How a open or write call
comes to the driver from user space? Who keeps track of the driver's
internal data (*dev) and sends that while calling methods in the
driver? I am more interested in things like that.

Thanks,
Prasanna Kumar