SubjectRe: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.
On 08/11/2010 03:11 AM, Valeo de Vries wrote:
> On 11 August 2010 08:01, viresh kumar<viresh.kumar@st.com> wrote:

>>> Same in Nokia. I wrote a script to fix exchange's crap, but I also
>>> noticed some quoted-printable mails didn't get converted, so the
>>> easiest would be to tell git to always send quoted-printable.
>>>

>> Hi Guys
>>
>> The situation has changed now.
>> We are informed that SP2 is already in place in ST and mail client is not
>> doing any tampering.
>>
>> When i send a mail using git send-email then it receives fine on
>> outlook but on thunderbird, tabs are converted to spaces.
>>
>> This doesn't happen with every patch on thunderbird, but only a few.
>> And observation is that it happens only with big patches.
>> (more than 500 lines)
>>
>> Any idea, how to solve issue now on thunderbird??
>
> You might be in luck:
>
> * Choose View – Toolbars to ensure that the formatting toolbar is visible,
> then at the left of the formatting toolbar change Body Text to Preformat.
> (lifted straight from Google)
>
> HTH,
> Valeo
> --

cool... glad it's semi some what working.. doing a quick google Im
getting directed to Documentation/email-clients.txt for thunderbird
in the above procedure.
(hope the above last post fixes your issue, and/or in email-clients.txt)

Justin P. Mattock