SubjectRe: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.
On 8/11/2010 3:34 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:07 AM, viresh kumar <viresh.kumar@st.com> wrote:
>> > Mail server in ST has recently changed and now we have Microsoft
>> > exchange server. We are using thunderbird as mail client.
>> > What we observed with this server is that patch are broken now while
>> > sending as well as receiving. Tabs are replaced by spaces and may
>> > be some other too which we haven't observed.
>> >
>> > Has anybody found a solution to this kind of issues? Are there any
>> > workarounds possible?
> Same in Nokia. I wrote a script to fix exchange's crap, but I also
> noticed some quoted-printable mails didn't get converted, so the
> easiest would be to tell git to always send quoted-printable.

Hi Guys

The situation has changed now.
We are informed that SP2 is already in place in ST and mail client is not
doing any tampering.

When i send a mail using git send-email then it receives fine on
outlook but on thunderbird, tabs are converted to spaces.

This doesn't happen with every patch on thunderbird, but only a few.
And observation is that it happens only with big patches.
(more than 500 lines)

Any idea, how to solve issue now on thunderbird??

viresh.

  Last update: 2010-08-11 09:07    [W:2.213 / U:0.316 seconds]