    Subject[patch 00/54] [Announce] Microsoft Hyper-V drivers for Linux

    Hi all,

    I'm happy to announce, that after many months of discussions, Microsoft
    has released their Hyper-V Linux drivers under the GPLv2. Following
    this message, will be the patches that add the drivers to the
    drivers/staging/ tree, and a whole bunch of cleanups.

    It's taken a long road to get here, and I'd like to thank the following
    people who made this possible:
    - Steve Hemminger for the initial prodding and extreme patience
    - Hank Janssen for providing the code and working with me to get it
    into a workable and semi-mergable state. His involvement within
    Microsoft was also invaluable.
    - Sam Ramji for his push within Microsoft to make this happen in a
    manner that works with the Linux community.
    - Novell for sponsoring my work on the Linux Driver project, without
    which, this would not have even been possible.
    And there are many others both within Novell and Microsoft, who I do not
    want to slight by not naming, but the list would be too long to go into.

    These drivers are to enable Linux to work better when running as a guest
    on top of the Hyper-V system. There is still a lot of work to do in
    getting this into "proper" mergable state, and moving it out of the
    staging directory, but Hank and I will be undertaking this task. See
    the TODO file in the drivers/staging/hv/ directory if anyone wishes to
    help out with this task.

    The code should be showing up in the linux-next tree soon, as the
    patches are now in my public tree.

    If anyone has any questions about this code, please let me and Hank know
    about it.

    greg k-h

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-07-20 18:07    [W:0.028 / U:7.692 seconds]