SubjectRe: [patch 00/54] [Announce] Microsoft Hyper-V drivers for Linux
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 09:28:10AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 09:00:25AM -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm happy to announce, that after many months of discussions, Microsoft
> > has released their Hyper-V Linux drivers under the GPLv2. Following
> > this message, will be the patches that add the drivers to the
> > drivers/staging/ tree, and a whole bunch of cleanups.
>
> Hm, for some reason my scripts to send patches out caused them to get
> eaten by the very good lkml filters. (note, it was my fault, not
> lkml's).
>
> So instead of trying to send them again, and spaming everyone who
> already got them, you can find them in my staging tree at:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-05-staging/
>
> If anyone wants me to post any of the individual 54 patches to them,
> please let me know.

Given the numerous cleanup patches that already exist, is there any reason
to not just post the cleaned up drivers ? It would certainly be more
reviewable than the current pile.

Come to think of it, is there any value in merging the pre-cleaned up
patches ? Why merge 54 patches to mainline when a half dozen will do ?

Dave

  Last update: 2009-07-20 19:03    [W:0.087 / U:0.808 seconds]