    SubjectRe: FPGA programming driver architecture
    On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:58:01 +0100
    Florian Fainelli <> wrote:

    > (CC'ing linux-embedded)
    > Salut Hugo,
    > Le Friday 12 December 2008 21:03:14 Hugo Villeneuve, vous avez écrit :
    > > Hi,
    > > I have written some code to program a FPGA in Linux, for two
    > > different types of boards: one uses a serial interface (SPI) and
    > > the second a parallel interface. I have been able to sucessfully
    > > program both boards. I'm now trying to clean my code and make it
    > > more generic, as well as better in line with the Linux driver
    > > model. I would also like to include it in the mainline kernel if
    > > there is interest.
    > What about something like that :
    > - fpgaload-core which contains all the code that can be shared
    > between the drivers like requesting firmware, providing sysfs
    > attributes,
    > - fpgaload-spi would handle the low-level SPI connection
    > - fpgaload-par would handle the low-level parallel connection
    > fpgaload-ser and par would register with fpgaload-core and they could
    > register a fpga loading callback which is low-level specific for
    > instance. Platform code would instantiate the core driver. That way,
    > adding support for other loading protocols like slave serial or
    > master serial can be done easily.

    Yes, but how I actually implement fpgaload_core, fpgaload_ser and

    Bus driver?
    class driver?
    platform driver?

    I am not sure how I should implement things and how each low-level
    specific driver should register with the fpgaload_core driver...

    Hugo V.

    Hugo Villeneuve

      Last update: 2009-01-08 21:21    [W:0.022 / U:18.288 seconds]