SubjectRe: Oops/Warning report for the week of March 28th 2008
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > I tend to think it's actually a regression, I've done exactly what I
> > described there dozens of times before on older kernels and it doesn't
> > seem to be a race condition, X always locks the input device and I
> > never had trouble with that before.
> Ahh. So it's easily repeatable for you.. Do you think you could bisect it?
> At least a few runs? Even a partial bisection will give a nice (== much
> smaller) range of commits to be blamed, and might tell us why it started
> happening..

... and if bisecting the whole tree isn't the way for you to go right now,
maybe restricting to drivers/input/ and drivers/base/ (as I think this
might be some broken driver core refcounting) and possibly drivers/hid/
(if you are using any HID input device) might also be sufficient.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2008-03-28 23:19    [W:0.147 / U:0.172 seconds]