    SubjectRe: Merging of completely unreviewed drivers
    Al Viro <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk> writes:

    > ... if your style is lousy. I agree that situation with printks is
    > not normal in that respect and I certainly have no love for the
    > checkpatch nonsense, but pressure to keep the fucking nesting depth
    > low is a Good Thing(tm).

    Indeed. Unfortunately it is orthogonal to the line length limit.

    We should limit the nesting level, though I think there is no
    universally good value. What is good for one case (a function with a
    short multi-level if/for/etc) is bad for another (a long switch()
    where any added complexity makes it unparseable).

    So I think it just have to meet the author's and reviewers' taste. We
    already depend on this.
    --
    Krzysztof Halasa

      Last update: 2008-02-22 03:27    [W:0.314 / U:0.008 seconds]