    SubjectRe: Merging of completely unreviewed drivers
    Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
    > Linus Torvalds <> writes:
    >> I'm personally of the opinion that a lot of checkpatch "fixes" are
    >> anything but. That mainly concerns fixing overlong lines
    > Perhaps we should increase line length limit, 132 should be fine.
    > Especially useful with long printk() lines and long arithmetic
    > expressions.

    Yes; or even longer. 80 characters might have made sense on a screen
    when the alternative was 80 characters on a punched card, but on a
    modern computer it's very restrictive. That's especially true with the
    deep indents that you quickly get in C. Even short lines often need to
    be split when you put a few tabs in front of them, and that makes
    comprehension that bit harder, not to mention looks ugly.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-22 02:49    [W:0.019 / U:52.456 seconds]