    SubjectRe: + clocksource-driver-initialize-list-value.patch added to -mm tree

    * Daniel Walker <> wrote:

    > > but why do you call that a simplification? Remove 5 lines of code
    > > from the generic code, by adding +1 line to every clocksource
    > > driver, totalling to like +20 lines at the moment?
    > I guess I don't look at it in terms of lines .. Why do you think
    > reciting a line count diminishes the "simplification" claim? The 20+
    > lines that I added to each clocksource don't have a size or runtime
    > effect ..

    but they have a robustness and maintainability effect. Key is to keep
    drivers _simple_ and hard to mess up. If it's 5 extra lines of code to
    simplify a driver then we just do it. This is maintainance 101.

    i cannot believe you are still arguing this. I explained this to you
    many weeks ago!

      Last update: 2007-04-04 23:37    [W:0.020 / U:38.368 seconds]