    SubjectRe: + clocksource-driver-initialize-list-value.patch added to -mm tree
    On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 23:15 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > > > why? This patch only pushes some unnecessary code into the
    > > > clocksource drivers:
    > > >
    > > > + .list = LIST_HEAD_INIT(clocksource_avr32.list),
    > > >
    > > > NACK unless you can give an explanation of why this is unavoidable. A
    > > > NULL initializer is just as good as an initialized list entry. (in fact
    > > > it's slightly better because it's in the kernel's BSS)
    > >
    > > This is only 1 of 9 patches . The 9th patch requires the .list value
    > > to be initialized .. The description change above was suppose to make
    > > that clearer .. By forcing the .list value to be initialized we can
    > > simplify the clocksource registration .
    >
    > but why do you call that a simplification? Remove 5 lines of code from
    > the generic code, by adding +1 line to every clocksource driver,
    > totalling to like +20 lines at the moment?

    I guess I don't look at it in terms of lines .. Why do you think
    reciting a line count diminishes the "simplification" claim? The 20+
    lines that I added to each clocksource don't have a size or runtime
    effect ..

    Daniel

      Last update: 2007-04-04 23:33    [W:0.020 / U:0.032 seconds]