    SubjectRe: + clocksource-driver-initialize-list-value.patch added to -mm tree
    Daniel Walker wrote:
    > I vaguely remember, but I don't think this creates a maintenance
    > issue .. It's not related to maintenance , it's an issue of creating a
    > new clocksource .. My perspective is that it has even less an effect
    > than the CLOCK_SOURCE_IS_CONTINUOUS field .. People actually have to
    > research that field, but list initialization is fairly clear.

    Yes, but its just make-work. It has no bearing on what the clocksource
    implementer needs to care about. CLOCK_SOURCE_IS_CONTINUOUS is a
    property of the clocksource they're implementing; it matters to them.
    But "list"? It's just administration.

    > The majority method for creating these clocksources is copy&paste, so
    > I'm not sure nano argument on this subject particularly relevant ..

    Great, so we end up with some random piece of clocksource internal
    implementation detail cut-n-paste replicated all over the kernel.

      Last update: 2007-04-05 01:51    [W:0.022 / U:22.788 seconds]