    Subject[ANNOUNCE] d80211 based driver for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
    Please hold all questions until I am done with this email.  Thank you.

    We are pleased to announce the availability of a new driver for the
    Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection adapter. This new driver
    uses the new d80211 subsystem previously only available as part of the
    wireless-dev tree.

    You can find the new driver, and additional information about it, here:

    http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi.

    Within the new driver package are sources which we plan to submit for
    kernel inclusion as well as scripts and patches which create a version
    of the driver which can be loaded into kernels based on 2.6.18 and newer
    (provided you have installed the d80211 subsystem as well) The README
    document can walk you through pretty quickly.

    Since a lot of our users are not able to move to the latest versions of
    the Linux kernel, we have put together a d80211 package allowing the
    installation of the d80211 subsystem into an existing kernel image
    without the need to migrate to wireless-dev, or upgrade to a newer
    kernel at all (assuming you are using 2.6.18 or newer).

    You can find that package at:

    http://intellinuxwireless.org/d80211

    Ok. Now... any questions?

    Thanks,
    James / Intel Corporation

      Last update: 2007-02-09 22:57    [W:0.023 / U:60.196 seconds]