    SubjectRE: The GPL: No shelter for the Linux kernel?
    >Second, I should point out again that it is unfortunate that Linus did not
    >retain for himself the exclusive right to modify the Linux kernel license.
    >If some real problem ever does emerge in the GPLv2 as applies to Linux, it
    >will be extremely difficult to resolve.
    Easy to resolve, but difficult to implement:
    remove the offending code (and rewrite).

    >This is probably going to be controversial, but Linus should seriously
    >consider adding a clause that those who contribute to the kernel from
    >now on consent to allow him to modify the license on their current
    >contributions and all past contributions, amending the Linux kernel
    >license as appropriate.

    Now that you raise it: I think developers can already have done that
    if they wish - properly name author and conditions who may possibly
    change the license to what. Not that I have seen such code yet, but you
    never know.

    Jan Engelhardt

      Last update: 2006-09-23 10:13    [W:0.026 / U:7.812 seconds]