SubjectRe: klibc (was: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)
Date
Followup to:  <200606062256.55472.rjw@sisk.pl>
By author: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> > It allows me to unify swsusp & uswsusp into one in future, for
> > example, reducing code duplication.
>
> [cough] How distant is the future you're referring to?

Shouldn't be far, since most of the code is already written.

One major advantage of klibc is that it allows most of the
initialization code to both be re-used as standalone programs as well
as be tested in normal userspace. The former lets distributions
stitch it together any way they want, and the latter should reduce
bugs (especially since it's combined with what is a decent-sized
subset of the POSIX programming model, as opposed to the much more
difficult kernel programming model.)

-hpa

  Last update: 2006-06-07 05:41    [W:0.223 / U:0.216 seconds]