    SubjectRe: klibc (was: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)
    Date
    Hi.

    Sorry for coming in late. I've only just resubscribed after my move.

    Not sure who originally said this...

    > > > problems it entails.) The initial code to have removed
    > > > is the root-mounting code, with all the various ugly
    > > > mutations of that (ramdisk loading, NFS root, initrd...)

    Could I get more explanation of what this means and its implications? I'm
    thinking in particular about the implications for suspending to disk. Will it
    imply that everyone will _have_ to have an initramfs with some userspace
    program that sets up device nodes and so on, even if at the moment all you
    have is root=/dev/hda1 resume2=swap:/dev/hda2?

    Along similar lines, I had been considering eventually including support for
    putting an image in place of the initrd (for embedded).

    Regards,

    Nigel

      Last update: 2006-06-07 06:02    [W:0.021 / U:1.844 seconds]