    SubjectRe: klibc (was: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)

    > > > The original idea was due Al Viro; obviously, the
    > > > implementation is mostly mine.
    > > >
    > > > It is of course my hope that this will be used for more
    > > > than just plain initialization code, but that in itself
    > > > is a significant step, and one has to start somewhere.
    > >
    > > It allows me to unify swsusp & uswsusp into one in future, for
    > > example, reducing code duplication.
    > [cough] How distant is the future you're referring to?

    Year or two, I believe. Actually it is not as much as "unify swsusp &
    uswsusp" as "drop kernel/power/swap.c" and possibly put parts of
    uswsusp into initial userland so that user do not notice it was
    dropped from kernel.
    (cesky, pictures)

      Last update: 2006-06-07 10:48    [W:0.045 / U:2.912 seconds]