SubjectPending AIO work/patches

Since AIO development is gaining momentum once again, ocfs2 and
samba both appear to be using AIO, NFS needs async semaphores etc,
there appears to be an increase in interest in straightening out some
of the pending work in this area. So this seems like a good
time to re-post some of those patches for discussion and decision.

Just to help sync up, here is an initial list based on the pieces
that have been in progress with patches in existence (please feel free
to add/update ones I missed or reflected inaccurately here):

(1) Updating AIO to use wait-bit based filtered wakeups (me/wli)

On my part, I'll start by re-posting (1) for discussion, and then
move to (2).

Regards
Suparna

--