    SubjectRe: Is controlling DVD speeds via SET_STREAMING supported?
    >currently my DVD player sounds like a jet plane when playing ordinary
    >audio CD's. I tried the different approaches to lowering playback speed
    >that are commonly used (hdparm, setspeed, etc) but none of them worked.

    I doubt hdparm works on CD/DVD drives.
    What is setspeed doing, internally?

    My CD drives spin at "normal" (no more than speed 8) when playing CD-DA,
    if I am listening to Ogg, I manually spin it down by using "calm-cdrom".
    ( )

    >Then I found this thread:

    BTW, I can't spindown CD-DA, because upon opening /dev/hdb for the ioctl, the
    cd player resets :)

    Jan Engelhardt
    Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
    Am Fassberg, 37077 Göttingen,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.020 / U:0.340 seconds]