    SubjectIs controlling DVD speeds via SET_STREAMING supported?
    Hi,

    currently my DVD player sounds like a jet plane when playing ordinary
    audio CD's. I tried the different approaches to lowering playback speed
    that are commonly used (hdparm, setspeed, etc) but none of them worked.

    Then I found this thread:

    Which seems to indicate that DVD players need a different command
    (SET_STREAMING), the thread is from 2001, and I've not been able to find
    any more recent information.

    So, my question is, is this implemented in the kernel and are there any
    userspace tools to set the playback speed?

    Regards,
    David

    PS
    Please CC replies to my email address...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.018 / U:59.636 seconds]