    SubjectRe: Is controlling DVD speeds via SET_STREAMING supported?
    On Sat, Nov 20 2004, David Härdeman wrote:
    > Hi,
    > currently my DVD player sounds like a jet plane when playing ordinary
    > audio CD's. I tried the different approaches to lowering playback speed
    > that are commonly used (hdparm, setspeed, etc) but none of them worked.
    > Then I found this thread:
    > Which seems to indicate that DVD players need a different command
    > (SET_STREAMING), the thread is from 2001, and I've not been able to find
    > any more recent information.
    > So, my question is, is this implemented in the kernel and are there any
    > userspace tools to set the playback speed?

    I don't know of any, but it is trival to write using SG_IO (or just
    CDROM_SEND_PACKET for this simple use, since only a trivial amount of
    data involved). If you are not sure how to do it, let me know and I can
    easily write one in minutes.

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.020 / U:35.348 seconds]