    SubjectRe: horrible usb keyboard bug with latest tests
    Andries Brouwer <> wrote:
    > > For me too, even with a normal keyboard attached to the PS/2 keyboard port.
    > > In my case it's very rare, and not a 'constant stick' but short 'pulse' of
    > > the same character like displaying 'kkkkkkkkk' in my terminal even if I'm
    > > sure that I didn't forget my finger on the key. OK, it's not a showstopper
    > > bug, but sometimes annoying. It's 2.6.0-test3 (vanilla).
    > Yes, I see this too, but very infrequently.
    > For the 2.6 kernels key repeat is not taken from the keyboard but is
    > done via a kernel timer, and clearly the code is not quite correct.
    > I have not yet been able to detect it before I already
    > had hit the next key but maybe somebody else can answer:
    > When does this repeat stop?
    > Does it stop because the next key has been hit?
    > And: does it occur more often when the machine has high load?

    It happens to me madly on one of my machines. The machine is just some
    three-year-old PS/2 setup. It's due to mouse activity.

    To reproduce:

    1: press and hold a key

    2: start moving the mouse in large, rapid circles

    3: release the key.

    The keystrokes continue to be inserted for an arbitrarily long period: it's
    easy to generate thousands of them. The mouse has to be moved in circles:
    moving it from side-to-side causes small stops which allow things to
    correct themselves.

    It's quite irritating in practice.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.020 / U:8.116 seconds]