    SubjectRe: horrible usb keyboard bug with latest tests
    On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 03:46:08PM +0200, Gábor Lénárt wrote:
    > On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:57:44AM -0700, Mr. Mailing List wrote:
    > > Ok, for the last few test kernels, there is a horribly
    > > annoying usb keyboard bug. after a while in X, or
    > > just when you start putting some input, all the
    > > keyboard lights on on my msnatpro keyboard. after
    > > that, the keycodes are screwed up(like the left alt
    > > button)
    > >
    > > sometimes one key would stick, like
    > > kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    > For me too, even with a normal keyboard attached to the PS/2 keyboard port.
    > In my case it's very rare, and not a 'constant stick' but short 'pulse' of
    > the same character like displaying 'kkkkkkkkk' in my terminal even if I'm
    > sure that I didn't forget my finger on the key. OK, it's not a showstopper
    > bug, but sometimes annoying. It's 2.6.0-test3 (vanilla).

    Yes, I see this too, but very infrequently.

    For the 2.6 kernels key repeat is not taken from the keyboard but is
    done via a kernel timer, and clearly the code is not quite correct.
    I have not yet been able to detect it before I already
    had hit the next key but maybe somebody else can answer:

    When does this repeat stop?
    Does it stop because the next key has been hit?

    And: does it occur more often when the machine has high load?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.020 / U:1.656 seconds]