SubjectRe: IDE and hot-swap disk caddies

You can. Acard for instance makes devices for that. They plug at
the end of an ide cdrom or harddisk, and interface with scsi. They
have two models, a 20MB/s one, and an UltraWide model that goes
up to 40MB/s. It has a small risc cpu and you can even upgrade their
firmware. A friend of mine ordered one to plug a dvd reader in an
external scsi box he had lying around - he had all his computer drive
bays used. He said it worked fine and didn't notice any performance
hit even when playing dvd's.

/Pedro

On 27 Mar 2002 at 23:29, Pavel Machek wrote:

> I have seen USB mass storage devices with ide connector on them, so it
> is certainly possible to translate between scsi and ide. If it makes
> sense from performance standpoint.... I don't know.
> Pavel

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.126 / U:0.260 seconds]