    SubjectCommon GUI Config for All Users
    From

    Looking for the best way to give all users a common desktop, which comes from one source (for easy administration).

    Found copying my /root/.gnome & .sawfish directories to a user home breaks the user's GUI, implying a symlink wouldn't work. I am told .gnome & .sawfish can be copied to /etc/skel to give common look for new users, but need ongoing single-source control. Besides, I tried copying root's config files to skel & it broke user GUIs.

    Security is also a concern, so couldn't symlink into root anyway.

    Symlinked root's panel file & folder to non-prived user's, but adding/removing an applet in root does not seem to affect the user's desktop.

    Recommendations & resources welcomed, please.
    --
    C.

    The best way out is always through.
    - Robert Frost A Servant to Servants, 1914