SubjectRe: 2GIG-file

2.4.0-test5 builds fine here. try 'make clean' then 'make config' and
make certain you don't have any of your previous Linux's files in the
same tree (i.e. make certain you did not overwrite an existing tree and
might be pointing to an invalid .config file or something).

:-)

Jeff

"Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:

> Yipes! Let me try to build the latest and see what happenes. You may
> want to try an earlier 2.4.X-test if this one's busted -- the
> lead(bleed)ing edge you know ....
>
> :-)
>
> Jeff
>
> marek@foundmoney.com wrote:
> >
> > To make matters worse, I downloaded 2.4.test5 to see how many more clients I can bench
> > press against this box, but
> >
> > I get this when I do make bzImage ( I did do make menuconfig and make dep before
> > ofcourse)
> >
> > gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
> > -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i686 -fno-strict-aliasing -c -o tdfx_drv.o
> > tdfx_drv.c
> > tdfx_drv.c: In function `tdfx_lock':
> > tdfx_drv.c:626: structure has no member named `priority'
> > tdfx_drv.c:626: `DEF_PRIORITY' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > tdfx_drv.c:626: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > tdfx_drv.c:626: for each function it appears in.)
> > tdfx_drv.c: In function `tdfx_unlock':
> > tdfx_drv.c:672: structure has no member named `priority'
> > tdfx_drv.c:672: `DEF_PRIORITY' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > make[4]: *** [tdfx_drv.o] Error 1
> > make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/char/drm'
> > make[3]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/char/drm'
> > make[2]: *** [_subdir_drm] Error 2
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers/char'
> > make[1]: *** [_subdir_char] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/drivers'
> > make: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2
> >
> > "Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:
> >
> > > I stand corrected. Looks like smbfs in 2.2.X uses a long long *
> > > (loff_t) so this should work.
> > >
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > Jeff

> > -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.173 / U:0.232 seconds]