    SubjectRe: Multithreaded TCP/IP stack
    On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Stephen Torri wrote:

    > A friend of mine is critical of linux for not having a multithreaded
    > TCP/IP stack. Is that true? If it is not then what kernel version
    > introduced it. If it is then when should we expect to see it?
    > Stephen

    This is cute. Could you ask your friend what a multi-threaded TCP/IP
    stack is?

    Then read how TCP/IP works. Then question the question. This whole
    thing is a typical marketroid's ploy. Calmly explain that Linux is
    the only network-centric paradigm to employ total quality dynamics
    and hexagrid confusers. Note that Windows/NT tried, but failed with
    the empowering dynamics.

    Dick Johnson

    Penguin : Linux version 2.2.15 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).

    obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.036 / U:299.076 seconds]