    Subjectconfig-menus
    I've undertaken quite a task; I'm rewriting all the config-menus at the
    moment (for all platforms) to make them more uniform (same indentation
    everywhere, etc.)

    A few things that I've added, that I want comments on:

    o A "Code maturity"-menu for PPC, as it was the only port without this
    menu

    o A "Prompt for drivers/code flagged DANGEROUS" option in the
    code-maturity section that is conditional depending on EXPERIMENTAL

    o (EXPERIMENTAL) has been added to all drivers inside CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
    if's, and CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL if's has been added where missing

    o All drivers/code saying DANGEROUS has been changed from
    CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL to CONFIG_DANGEROUS

    o Some smaller fixes has been made (for instance, there was two
    occurences of "Frame-buffer support" in the MIPS-port

    o I've indented all the config-files in a uniform way

    I've of course also included the other patches I did earlier in the same
    direction.

    Now, my main question is:

    "Is this something I'm going to hate myself forever for doing -- something
    that noone will accept, or is it something that could actually be accepted
    into the kernel mainstream?"

    My patches are against v2.3.17, if anyone wonders.

    /David Weinehall
    _ _
    // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
    // Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
    \> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.021 / U:0.324 seconds]