SubjectRe: XFS and journalling filesystems
> You should be aware that the whole development model of Linux (and
> open-source programs in general) is that someone gets pissed at the bad
> availability or implementation of something, and goes ahead and writes
> something better. In light of that, why would anyone ever think ext3 (or
> whatever is in the works from other sides of the world) would be
But since ext3 shall incorporate many of the features available in XFS, I vote to adopt XFS if it is released under a suitable license.

> discontinued just because SGI contributes something ? Would all filesystem
> development in the world stop if MS contributed a R/W NTFS implementation
> ?
Off course not, most vendors do not intentionally screw up a superior OS.

Thomas

The release of Windows 2000 has been delayed until Q2/1901.
T h o m a s Z e h e t b a u e r ( TZ251 )
PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89
mail pgp-key-request@hostmaster.org

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.418 / U:1.392 seconds]