SubjectRe: XFS and journalling filesystems
"Jeff Merkey" <> writes:

> much of it they are really going to give you. Another Unix File system
> (yawn yawn yawn) with journalling (which means it will be **SLOW**). I
> would vote for the ext3 project to continue. It appears they were reacting

I'm using Linux for video applications. XFS has a very important
feature for video: guaranteed bandwidth. Also, journalling slows down
reading, but speeds up writing, which is again important for
video. So, as long as ext3 is not there, I'll be very happy about XFS.

Reality is two's complement. See: