    SubjectSLOW SLOW SLOW tar with 2.2.0
    I just downloaded the Linux gazette, all of the targz files at
    the lg ftp site, and proceeded to untar them. It is taking
    forever for EACH file to untar. When I say each file, I don't
    mean each tarball, but rather each file IN the tarball.

    I just thought I'd post this since I remember seeing somehting
    about slow tar speed somewhere before too.

    Other than this one slow thing, 2.2.0 *FLIES* on my machine,
    everything works fairly well, and is much more responsive
    IMHO. Good work everyone!

    Mike A. Harris Linux advocate GNU advocate
    Computer Consultant Open Source advocate

    News for nerds, stuff that matters:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.018 / U:8.256 seconds]