    SubjectSLOW SLOW SLOW tar with 2.2.0
    I just downloaded the Linux gazette, all of the targz files at
    the lg ftp site, and proceeded to untar them. It is taking
    forever for EACH file to untar. When I say each file, I don't
    mean each tarball, but rather each file IN the tarball.

    I just thought I'd post this since I remember seeing somehting
    about slow tar speed somewhere before too.

    Other than this one slow thing, 2.2.0 *FLIES* on my machine,
    everything works fairly well, and is much more responsive
    IMHO. Good work everyone!

    TTYL

    --
    Mike A. Harris Linux advocate GNU advocate
    Computer Consultant Open Source advocate

    News for nerds, stuff that matters: http://slashdot.org