SubjectSLOW SLOW SLOW tar with 2.2.0
I just downloaded the Linux gazette, all of the targz files at
the lg ftp site, and proceeded to untar them. It is taking
forever for EACH file to untar. When I say each file, I don't
mean each tarball, but rather each file IN the tarball.

I just thought I'd post this since I remember seeing somehting
about slow tar speed somewhere before too.

Other than this one slow thing, 2.2.0 *FLIES* on my machine,
everything works fairly well, and is much more responsive
IMHO. Good work everyone!

Mike A. Harris Linux advocate GNU advocate
Computer Consultant Open Source advocate

News for nerds, stuff that matters:

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.069 / U:8.212 seconds]