SubjectRe: Testers wanted: exorcised kmod.c: no more daemon!
Date
Adam J. Richter said:

> As my original posting describes, you have not lost the ability
> to do automatic unloading of modules. You just have to add a line to
> root's crontab to have "rmmod -a" execute periodically.
>
> "rmmod -a" does exactly the same thing as the periodic
> unloading part of the old kmod deamon. They each execute just one
> system call: unload_module(NULL). They each unload only the unused
> automatically loaded modules.

Alam why don't you strip the module loading part out of kmod, and just leave
the unloading part. Then anybody who doesn't like the conceptual change,
or doesn't run cron can use the new kmod (which now only does periodic
unloads).

This makes your changes transparent, and leaves a clean solution.

Jon.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:1.781 / U:0.128 seconds]