SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
   Date: 	Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:04:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Jason McMullan <jmcc@ontv.com>

I don't plan to. [that's why I said `I didn't intend to muck with
the TTY line discipline - I KNOW what you've had to go through to get
decent performance out of the current hardware] Anyhow, this was
basically just `idle chit-chat' - and the implementation I was thinking
of would have NO performance loss is you didn't attach an EvStack
filter to it. If your did attach a filter, I just pray you're using
a VT100 or something.. ;^)

At what point do you do the dispatch of deciding which console tty a
particular keycode scheme is for? Normally that's done as part of the
keycode -> ASCII/UTF-8 translation, since you need to look for ALT-F1,
etc. Since the EvStack filter is apparently that which is doing the
keycode to ASCII/UTF-8 translation, there's a bit of a impedence
mismatch problem here, unless there is going to be two separate keycode
interpretation passes over the keycode stream.... (because by the time
you get into the line discpline, you must have already dispatched all of
the keycodes for a particular tty to that tty's line discpline.)

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.097 / U:0.284 seconds]