    SubjectRe: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source
    Date
    Mike Jagdis <mike@roan.co.uk> wrote with confidence:
    > I don't suppose the key mapping could be "fixed" in such a way
    > that mappings could be attached to any old tty line rather than
    > just PC keyboards? It would often be useful to be able to do
    > key mappings on terminals as well. Some terminals can even send
    > PC scancodes if you want...

    Hmmm... Not a bad idea. I didn't intend to muck with the
    TTY line discipline, but this _does_ have some posibilities,
    such as:

    * (PC) Treat the keyboard/PS2 ports as `funny' serial ports.
    * (Mac) ADB simply becomes a collection of serial ports

    * All TTY lines can hook into an EvStack, with
    the input characters filtered through a
    (global/per-device/per-tty/whatever) translation
    filter (ie keymap) that outputs Unicode keypresses.

    (We're using Unicode16 - if at all possible -
    throught the EvStack system)

    --
    Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://beans.visus.com/~jmcc
    NT 5.0 is the last nail in the Unix coffin. Interestingly, Unix